Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

Myibidder Support for stand-alone client applications
Mobile (Android, iOS, BB, webOS) App support
BETA TESTING: Myibidder Android app Sat Sep 07, 2019 02:57 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

Version branches: 2.1.x/2.2.x/2.3.x

Hey there,

This is the first beta version of Myibidder app for Android platform.
It's a huge rewrite and re-design. Most, if not all, of the stuff were re-worked from scratch.

Since this is the first beta release, it WILL have various bugs here and there.
Feel free to report it here to make the app better.

If the forum won't be convenient enough for those reports, I'll consider creating a dedicated tracking for it. Let's try here first.

How to sign up:
If you did not sign up for beta testing, you can do it on Google Play using https://www.myibidder.com/link/android-beta .
Or you can join manually on Google Play: open it using https://www.myibidder.com/link/android , scroll down to the "Join the beta" section and tap "Join".
If there are any serious issues with the beta version, you can always do "Leave" and re-download the original version.

Last edited on Mon Nov 02, 2020 05:57 PM.
Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Tue Sep 10, 2019 03:00 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

Version 2.1.0
* Initial Beta version. Mainly as a proof of concept and device compatibility test

Version 2.1.1
* Added "eBay account" screen with current status (no linking from the app yet)
* Fixed an issue when images are not always loaded
* Various UI-related changes and fixes

Version 2.1.2
* Fixed an annoying bug showing "Offline data" popup when there are no items/groups in the list
* Fixed a minor issue when logout did not clean all pieces of data
* Some other minor changes under the hood

Version 2.1.3
* Add eBay items -> Browse eBay
* eBay Account: link/unlink
* Bunch of various minor fixes/improvements

Version 2.1.4
* Fixed the issue when "My Bid" is not populated properly
* Better item info changes propagation between screens

Version 2.1.5
* Show final price and status of ended listings
* Better data update propagation across screens
* Added "eBay link" verification option in the "eBay account" option

Version 2.1.6
* Better data cleanup on logout
* Bunch of minor bug fixes

Version 2.1.7
* Added "Preferences" screen
* Increased network timeout for slower connections
* Properly display back/forward buttons in internal browser

Version 2.1.8
* Various fixes regarding "Preferences" screen
* Properly check balance
* Check if snipe amount is lower than the current bid
* Various bug fixes

Version 2.1.9 & 2.1.10
* Added "Groups" screen (view-only, can't manage there yet)
* Database speed improvements
* Various bug fixes

Version 2.1.11
* Groups can be edited (can't add new Group using mobile app yet)
* Some improvements with Group changes
* A few bug fixes

Version 2.1.12 & 2.1.13
* Groups can be created and deleted
* Added a new Preferences setting for default "to win" for a new Group
* Bunch of various UI layout changes

Version 2.1.14 & 2.1.15
* Fixed the login issue with certain username/password combinations
* Various UI layout changes

Version 2.1.16, 2.1.17, 2.1.18, 2.1.19
* Dark theme test (can be enabled in "Preferences" menu option)
* Various theme-related fixes
* Fixed a bug when Groups are not reloaded when a new Group added
* Fixed a bug when Main screen does not get properly reloaded

Version 2.1.20, 2.1.21
* Restored missing "Terms" and "Version" buttons on the Login screen
* Various UI-related changes and fixes

Version 2.1.22 & 2.1.23
* Preferences menu completed (including server-based changes)
* Open 'eBay Account' when pressed 'eBay username'
* A few minor interface fixes

Version 2.1.24 & 2.1.25
* Fixed the issue when Groups are not loaded sometimes
* Fixed the issue when Items list may not refresh properly
* Some improvements for slower devices
* Various fixes related to dark theme
* Note: if data is not refreshing properly, just reinstall the app

Version 2.1.26
* Fixed when a Snipe could not be deleted properly
* Fixed the issue when Importing list may lose snipes
* Various minor fixes

Version 2.1.27
* Supports TouchID for unlocking access to the sniper (must be enabled in Preferences)
* Additional database optimizations
* Startup time is improved
* Various updates and speedups mostly for older Android devices
* Optimized size of the APK

Version 2.1.28 & 2.1.29
* Added an option to use external browser for opening eBay listings
* Show a proper popup when eBay link is not set on import
* Fixed issue when saving a Group
* Clarified status of eBay linking on some screens
* Changed Progress animation

Version 2.3.1
* Fixed a crash on certain old Android 4.4 devices

Version 2.3.2 & 2.3.3
* Various changes regarding translation to German and Russian

Version 2.3.4 & 2.3.5
* Added shipping field (where accessible)
* Mostly bug fixes reported by users due to different devices/screens

Last edited on Fri Dec 27, 2019 06:04 AM.
myibidder stopped working Sat Nov 16, 2019 04:20 PM Quote
kkienast

I have used myibidder for years.

recently I noticed that the icon had changed. when I clicked on it my pad/tablet came back with an error that the app would not open.

I went to Google play uninstalled the app, and download loaded a fresh install.

after creating a new username (fogot old one because once up and running I dont need to remimber it) and relinked it to my ebay account.

program appeared with old icon and appeared to work (it successfully updated to current watch list.

today one day later the icon has once again changed and once again will not open.

For god sake when will computer guys stop fixing things that are not broken (breaking them in the name of improvement )

what ever you did, undo it and just stop!

Sun Nov 17, 2019 03:31 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

kkienast,
Thank you for sharing your opinion.
It's not clear from your message why it stopped working for the first time if you did not do anything. Sounds like an isolated issue.
Can you please clarify on what you mean by "will not open". Did you get some message or nothing at all like you did not even tap on the icon?

I think your assumptions that it was not broken is not completely right here.
The old app was broken seriously. It did not support dark/light themes correctly, had issues with font scaling and many other noticable problems.
This is mainly to new devices coming up.
I could say "when will users stop buying new devices and just stick with your old ones", but that won't do for many reasons.
So in order to support new devices, "computer guys" need to provide appropriate updates.
If something does not work, please feel free to report it. The better you report it, the higher chance for it to be fixed.
There are literally millions of different hardware and software permutations which are being used by various Android devices. Testing can't cover all 100% of those. I wish it could.
Trust me, those "computer guys" would LOVE to have your issue resolved instead of you experiencing it.
After all, the goal is to make it work as expected and not make you suffer.

Please share. I got many things resolved because other users reported it.
You can contact support directly if you don't want to share any information on the public forum here.

Last edited on Sun Nov 17, 2019 03:31 AM.
new android app no longer free to snipe Sun Nov 17, 2019 06:36 PM Quote
stevo99

Hi I have used myibidder for many years. Am I correct in finding that the updated android app now works on credits , one per snipe twhich I now have to pay for?
The update deleted my username and password without warning as a result I was unable to snipe in time for an item, and once I did log in (first time having to log in for over a year despite sniping 5-10 times per week) I am now faced with a charge per snipe- is this even if the snipe is unsuccessful or was to low to actually make a bid?

Very disappointed at having to spend a lot more to hopefully win items- even more disappointed if the money spent is wasted

Sun Nov 17, 2019 06:44 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

stevo99,
Thank you for the comment.
The update did not delete your account. You can still login to it. Please try. If you can't login for whatever reason, you can always reset your sniper's password. The process is quick and simple.
All accounts are stored on a remote server, so an update to the app can't delete it.

I'm not sure where you see you are charged for snipes even when it's not successful. The description indicated that it will use your snipe for won items only.
Also, snipes lower than 10.00 are free. So low price snipes will not use your balance.
You win the listing using the sniper, not sure why you still consider that the money spent is wasted. You get what you want for the price you want (or even lower). Please clarify on this.

If you are not ready to pay for snipes yet, that's okay too. Please feel free to use the Web interface at https://www.myibidder.com/

Last edited on Sun Nov 17, 2019 06:45 PM.
new android app no longer free to snipe Mon Nov 18, 2019 05:45 PM Quote
stevo99

Hi,
The update did not delete my account- just my login info that was saved in the app ready for use- meaning that I first of all had to locate the app in the app list on my phone as it had been deleted from my home page. I then was faced with the new app having deleted my login data so I had to log back in- which meant that I had to retrieve my password from a PC or re-set it which would mean all other computers would need to be updated. I then had to find from within the new interface where the option to refresh watched items was located and perform the refresh. This took much longer than usual. I could find nowhere that explained or warned about the change to a charge per snipe that had been made. I still have not located the info that would inform that only successful snipes are charged and that bids under £10 do not incur charges.

I feel a little bit put out that the update just happened without warning and that it caused extra work at a time I was trying to use the app. I have no idea why it should be removed from my home page on the phone, and why I was not informed of a pending update with cost ramifications. On another note it is no longer a one click process to refresh a watch list of items as it is hidden in a menu. The first incarnation of the app I used had an auto refresh which kept watched items lists up to date- this changed to a manual refresh from the top of the page- now it has moved into a submenu- really not nearly as quick and useful!

Perhaps a bit more info ahead of time would have been useful.

Hopefully the "Account not linked" warning will be a thing of the past (where snipes still worked regardless of the erroneous warning)

Whilst I have been critical here- I do use your app a lot and am very pleased with its results- No other sniping app has worked so well.

Stevo99

Tue Nov 19, 2019 04:14 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

Thanks a lot for such a detailed feedback on it, I appreciate it.

You have to relogin because the data format changed in newer Android OS. You just login and you will see your data. Nothing is being lost on your account.
Sorry for inconveniences.

I don't know why Google decided to remove the app from your home screen. Unfortunately, this is out of my control.

The information about snipes, free options, etc is located on the Google Play in the description of the app. This is where you download it from.

Refreshing your Watch List is one click still. There is a "Refresh" button located on the Import screen on the lower right side. Please check.
If you mean opening the "Import" screen, you can make it one click by disabling "Combine 'Add Items'" in the Preferences menu. You can control it now.
Let me know if you meant something else or I misunderstood you there.

Yes, one of the main things in the new version is to finally deal with "Account not linked" message when your account is actually linked and so confusing users.

Please feel free to let me know if you see any other issues while you are using the app, and thanks again for sharing.

Lenovo A916 and A2109A Wed Dec 18, 2019 04:37 AM Quote
saxtoo

Lenovo A916 phone on Android 4.2.2
The Myibidder app is currently working OK and all of the thumbnails load up correctly now.

Lenovo A2109A tablet on Android 4.1.1
The Myibidder app 2.3.4 (181) is not working. When I press the icon, all I get is a white screen, then this error message: "Unfortunately, Myibidder has stopped. Report / OK".
Then the white screen disappears. The message remains.

Both of these Android devices have had the app uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled.

Wed Dec 18, 2019 04:41 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

saxtoo,
Thank you for reporting the issues.
I sent you a message in the support ticket, but you did not follow up. I would guess you block my responses. Please check.

How do you know this is "181" if the app does not load? Please confirm.

P.S. I just pushed 2.3.4 (185) to Google Play in the Beta channel for other changes.
Can you see if that still give you the same issue?

Last edited on Wed Dec 18, 2019 04:41 AM.
 Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:55 PM Quote
saxtoo

Lenovo A916 phone on Android 4.2.2
The Myibidder app 2.3.4.(187) is currently working OK except that the eBay currency seems to all be in $USD rather than £GBP.

Lenovo A2109A tablet on Android 4.1.1
The Myibidder app 2.3.4 (187) is still not working correctly, and whitens out, which later disappears, leaving a warning message to report it.

You mentioned that you had uploaded a (185) onto the beta. Should I have updated my app from the beta tab at the Play Store, rather than from the normal upgrade tab, and has this resulted in me missing the correct upgrade?

I think when I posted about 2.3.4(181) that must have been the last time I recall the app opening up. As you can only see the bracketed number from the bottom left corner link from the opened app.

Not sure what it is that you thought I'd blocked you out on. Your emails came through. Then I joined this forum as directed. Maybe I cannot see/get into the Support Ticket Zone from my phone?

Thu Dec 19, 2019 03:29 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

Can you please provide the item number you added to your list and where the currency is showing USD instead of GBP?

I'm still not sure where did you see "181" if the app did not open. Can you please provide a screenshot?

Regarding update:
If you are on Beta channel, you will get the Beta version automatically unless the release is a newer version.
If remove yourself from Beta, you will be getting normal versions only.

You did not follow up on the support ticket, so I assumed you did not get my emails. I have no way to know that you got it and just decided to go to forums instead. That's why the confusion on my side.

Thu Dec 19, 2019 04:59 AM Quote
saxtoo

Re: $USD instead of £GBP, this is not from the Myibidder app items, as displayed listed, but when you click on any auction item from the Myibidder app, it takes you into an eBay page for that particular auction item, but it lands on the eBay.com site showing $USD, rather than on the eBay.co.uk site showing £GBP. I had this issue earlier on, which you once did an update which solved things back then. But now, it is back to $USD when I push to eBay to view items.

As for the (181), that can only be found from the opened myibidder app, when you go to the foot of the app screen, bottom left, click, next page shows the version you are using. My app on the Lenovo A2109A tablet did at an earlier stage open up, but subsequent updates have rendered the app inoperable, resulting in a completely white screen.

Yes, I am still on the Beta.

Thu Dec 19, 2019 05:08 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

USD - GBP:
This is eBay who does the conversion, not the sniper.
Sounds like your Preferences for "My eBay Site" is set to "eBay US". You can change it to the eBay site you need (i.e. eBay United Kingdom).

About 181:
If you did an update, you can't really check the version you are using in this case.
Please check if your Beta version is up to the latest version (i.e. Google Play does not show button "Update"). It sounds like you are not on the latest still.
If it shows it is, please try to leave the Beta and get the release as this way you know for sure before even running the app.
At this moment, the latest non-Beta version is 2.2.11 (188). The "188" part is visible in the app only, but 2.2.11 can be checked without running the app.

Last edited on Thu Dec 19, 2019 05:08 AM.
Forums IndexNew TopicReply