Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

General Support for Myibidder service
Comments, Suggestions and Ideas
Suggestion 2 - Remove pop-up when new item is added? Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:09 AM Quote
bidguy-1

I, for one, find it rather annoying for the pop-up box to appear when you add a new item to the snipe list. It is obvious when a new item is added and the pop-up window is unnessary and an annoyance to have to close each time you add an item. Please consider removing that unnecessary pop-up box.

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Wed Sep 17, 2008 01:21 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

Welcome to our forums!

I'm not sure that you mean my pop-up box.
I don't have any pop-up on my Web interface.

If you are talking about Firefox add-on, then this pop-up is needed as you set your snipe and group in it.

If you still think it's unnecessary, please attach a screenshot here and tell me why do you think so.
Thanks.

Follow up Wed Sep 17, 2008 01:38 PM Quote
bidguy-1

Perhaps "pop up" is not the correct terminology. When you place an item number in the eBay ID box and then click on the "Add new Item Number" button, a small box appears which says "Item #... has been added" and a chime plays. That box then has to be closed. Personally I don't find that box to be necessary because it is obvious that the item was added to the snipe list. I just find it to be an annoyance, but maybe that's just me.

Another follow-up Wed Sep 17, 2008 01:41 PM Quote
bidguy-1

If that box would appear for a few seconds and then disappear, that would be fine though. That is what happens when an item is deleted. That box appears and then disappears after a few seconds and it doesn't have to be manually closed.

Wed Sep 17, 2008 03:25 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

I understand now.
Maybe you will laugh, but that pop-up box was requested many times by different people so I added..

I'll think about it. Maybe add an option to disable it or something.

Btw, you could add items this way:
1. Minimize the software to the System tray (you will see an icon next to your clock).
2. When an auction opened in your browser (most major browsers are supported), then right click on that icon and you will see a menu where you can add an item you are looking right now.
3. Once added, you will get a "pop-up" window which will disappear in 3-4 seconds.

Hopefully, that will simplify adding for you.

Reply Wed Sep 17, 2008 04:01 PM Quote
bidguy-1

That is funny. Just goes to show that you can never please everybody. ;) However... it seems to me that you could please everybody with that feature if that "pop-up" disappeared after a few seconds so that it doesn't have to be manually closed each time.

I'm using IE on Windows XP and I haven't figured out where you right click to add the auction that is open in IE. When I right click on the myibay icon in the tool tray the application comes to the forefront and all I see are the choices of "Move, Size, Maximize, Minimize and Close" When I right click on the round yellow and black icon next to the Start button I see "Run As, Send to, Cut", etc.I'll keep playing around though.

Keep up the great work!

Wed Sep 17, 2008 04:16 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

bidguy-1 wrote:
I'm using IE on Windows XP and I haven't figured out where you right click to add the auction that is open in IE. When I right click on the myibay icon in the tool tray the application comes to the forefront and all I see are the choices of "Move, Size, Maximize, Minimize and Close" When I right click on the round yellow and black icon next to the Start button I see "Run As, Send to, Cut", etc.I'll keep playing around though.

Maybe you did not minimize it to the system tray (when you have a small icon next to clock)?
Try to enable the following option in the Settings: Interface - Minimize to System Tray.
Once done, minimize the software. It will be in the system tray instead of task bar.

When right-clicked, you will see the following menu: Restore myibay, About, Login, Quit. If you have any opened browsers with auctions, then you will also see your auctions to add.

Let me know if any problems.

Wed Sep 17, 2008 04:41 PM Quote
bidguy-1

Okay, I've got it now. Thank you.

Forums IndexNew TopicReply