Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

General Support for Myibidder service
Comments, Suggestions and Ideas
Suggestion 3 - Would be nice if had auto. update to show current bid (like other snipers) Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:20 AM Quote
bidguy-1

It sure would be nice if you did not have to manually refresh in order to see the current bid. Other sniping software has an automatic refresh that the user can configure for certain intervals of time. A good amount of time between auto. refreshes might be every hour. When the auction is nearing the end (last 5 min.?) the refresh interval should be decreased to perhaps every 10 seconds.

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Wed Sep 17, 2008 01:24 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

Refreshing at 10 seconds will have a big load when there are hundreds of items are ending every time.
For example, your snipe may miss because of this extra load so I put higher priority on the snipes instead of refreshing.
Current bid does not affect a snipe process anyway.

http://www.myibay.com/login/faq/4/#q12

Follow-up Wed Sep 17, 2008 01:59 PM Quote
bidguy-1

I understand that the snipe must always take priority over any refreshing and that the current bid does not affect the snipe process. I did not realize that the "current bid" updated a few times each day. I think it would be nice if that refreshing was more frequent though. Thanks for considering suggestions.

Sat Sep 20, 2008 02:27 PM Quote
bidguy-1

Perhaps you could add a "Refresh" button to click on. That would be more convenient than choosing "refresh from server" from the pull down menu. Thanks.

Sat Sep 20, 2008 02:49 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

bidguy-1 wrote:
Perhaps you could add a "Refresh" button to click on. That would be more convenient than choosing "refresh from server" from the pull down menu. Thanks.

"Refresh" and "Refresh from server" are two different functions.
There is "Refresh" button on the toolbar and in the right-click context menu (if you don't have Toolbar enabled, click View - Toolbar) -- just select the items you want to refresh and click "Refresh" button.

Sat Sep 20, 2008 06:41 PM Quote
bidguy-1

Okay, I meant that it would be nice to have a button to click on that will refresh (to show the current bid) all of the the auctions at once without having to highlight or choose anything from the list of auctions. Thanks.

Sun Sep 21, 2008 03:42 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

bidguy-1 wrote:
Okay, I meant that it would be nice to have a button to click on that will refresh (to show the current bid) all of the the auctions at once without having to highlight or choose anything from the list of auctions. Thanks.

As I mentioned before, that will put too high load as everyone will start clicking on it without real reason doing Refresh.
If you have, let's say, 100 items, then it will take a long time too.
I want user to decide how many items really need to be refreshed. That's the idea.

Thu Dec 25, 2008 04:59 PM Quote
nicktruz

>bidguy-1 wrote:
>>
As I mentioned before, that will put too high load as everyone will start clicking on it without real reason doing Refresh.
If you have, let's say, 100 items, then it will take a long time too.
I want user to decide how many items really need to be refreshed. That's the idea.
********************************************************************************************************************************
You CAN do this in the standalone version by Shift-clicking to highlight a number of items and then refreshing...
********************************************************************************************************************************

Forums IndexNew TopicReply