Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

Myibidder Support for Web-based service
Web-based interface support
Adding to a group Sun Oct 05, 2008 07:36 PM Quote
traut
Experienced Sniper

Hi Saska,

adding articles to a group is more tedious than necessary, I feel.

May I return some feedback for a tool which works very well, but which might profit from some minor adjustments:

1) entering "Snipe it" -> Schedule

... will show the full bid overview afterwards. What for? The snipe-it window is very small and not sufficient for the full overview. Before, it was a simple confirmation instead of this overview. The overview is not helpful at all, since I can not scroll within this miniature window.

My personal preference would be to close the Snipe-It Window automatically.

2) Adding articles to a group: Sticky group choice

When I chose a certain group on a bid, there is a high probability that the next sniped article will belong to the same group, taking maybe the same price.

Thus it would be a major improvement to get the same price and group choice when I snipe a new article within several minutes, let's say up to one hour. Cookies would be a good choice here.

3) Adding articles

What's the use of the add article field? It could be very powerful e.g. within a group to add further articles to this group. But currently it does not add it to this group. It does add it as "none" and leaves the group overview. It does not offer a price option, nor a group choice. Thus I have to go via ebay again just to add the myibay info.

It would be more powerful if I could add articles directly here, taking the group I am in as default.

Even more powerful would be a textfield where I could insert more than one article number - delimited e.g. by carriage return, space, comma, semicolon, plus etc. Almost anything other than a number could be used as a delimiter, as long as you do not consider to permit bid info here as well.

4) checkbox operations

Further checkboxed operations could be
- move checked articles to a certain group
- give checked articles a certain price

BTW: delivery cost might be an extra helpful info for the overview as well as for the bid window.

Thanks for taking this into consideration. Please feel free to ask if I did not describe my dreams properly!

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:02 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

1) That definitely a bug. I fixed it. Please check.
Thanks for reporting.

2) I don't think that everyone will put the same price. You have to analyze it yourself, not relay on myibay service. I don't want to make this decision for you so you will find out that shipping was higher and your snipe should be lower.

3) Are you talking about Firefox add-on? You can change the group while adding. Please confirm.

4) That's in my ToDo list, it will be implemented some day for sure.

Delivery cost is in the system and Windows software can use it. Web-based interface does not use it yet as I'm in the process of changing html layout so you can swap/enable/disable/sort columns the way you like it.

Mon Oct 06, 2008 06:30 AM Quote
traut
Experienced Sniper

1) Thanks!

2) a sticky group and price would be an improvement at least for my needs especially when I chose a group for an article before, while "none" group is perfect the way it is. This would simplify the placement of bids to three clicks instead of snipe it / enter price (several digits) / select group / place order / close window (and close ebay tab)

But I agree that this might lead to unwanted placements. As soon as there would be a choice to add article numbers directly (see 3), this would not be as important.

3) I do speak about the web interface, but not particularly the firefox addon

https://www.myibay.com/main does show the footer line "Add item" (name="newid"). When I enter data on a layout such as https://www.myibay.com/main/search/&w=group&satitle=2, this will not add the id to the group and it won't leave me within the group page, but add it to main and will show main.

I'd prefer to add it to the group I'm in, and I'd prefer a choice to add more that just one id.

If there's no choice for a sticky group/price, how about an upload possibility for formats such as plain text or even html and xls with info for

* article number
* article number, price
* article number, price, snipe time
* article number, price, snipe time, group

... or input formats which would name a header line
"id,price,group=2"
and
article number, price
which would add group 2 as default for everything?

Very sophisticated (not to say complicated), but just some kind of brainstorming how group bidding might be improved.

Concerning 4), that's good news. I wonder how it will look like...

Thanks again!

Mon Oct 06, 2008 03:13 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

3) That part will be redesigned as well. It's not intuitive the way it is right now.
I'll see about uploading a file, that maybe a good idea.

4) The look will be almost the same, but I just want to remove most of the tables and replace it with more styles. This way I can put extra skins and replace the old ones (simple-styles).

Forums IndexNew TopicReply