Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

General Support for Myibidder service
Comments, Suggestions and Ideas
thank you + idea Mon Mar 30, 2009 06:40 PM Quote
calahan

Hey, this service really delivers, so thanks for providing it. I won the first item I sniped even though it was a very competitive auction, and got a great deal. If it keeps working for me, I will donate generously!

My idea is this (sorry if it's already been suggested or is already implemented, but I'm new to myibay):

It's to do with another option for groups. Instead of choosing how many items you want to win before bidding is cancelled, you have the option of choosing how much money you want to spend before bidding for that group is cancelled. Say I want to spend £5000 on 1 kilo silver bars which usually sell for about £400. So I set up snipe on twenty different auctions for this item with my maximum bid at £390 for each. If I won all the auctions at the maximum price, I would pay £7800. So I set the maximum number of wins at 12, meaning that if I won all 12 at £390 I would be still safely within my £5000 limit. But what if I had won 5 of those 12 auctions at £350 instead of £390? Then I would still have £520 left over with which I could continue to bid. So ideally I would set a maximum spend limit instead of a maximum number of wins limit.

That is my idea. You've probably heard it before and for all I know I just haven't discovered that myibay already allows me to do it. If so, silly me! But I just wanted to pass it on anyway!

many thanks

p.s. I would love to try out your mac standalone

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Mon Mar 30, 2009 06:51 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

This idea was suggested before and it's in ToDo list. It's on average priority level so it should be implemented some time soon.
Thank you for suggesting it anyway, this way it will get an extra weight in the ToDo list and helps to make it to live quicker.

Regarding Mac software. It's under development right now and I'll start building a list of Beta testers soon.
If you wish, I can add you to the private forum group so you will be able to get updates and discuss/suggest features and bugs.
Please let me know if you are interested in Beta testing of Mac software which will happen within a few days or so.

Mon Mar 30, 2009 07:37 PM Quote
calahan

Yes please, that would be great. I'll be doing a lot of ebaying in the coming weeks, so will have many opportunities to test it.

Mon Mar 30, 2009 08:31 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

calahan,
You have an access to a Beta tester's group now. You can see it located under "myibay Support for Stand-alone application".
It's accessible when you are logged in only.
Thank you for your support.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 08:35 PM Quote
calahan

thanks... will keep checking to see if there's anything to try out
C

Tue May 19, 2009 06:13 PM Quote
Robot

Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!
It's a very,very good idea!!!!
I'll try your windows standalone!!!