Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

General Support for Myibidder service
General Myibidder support
What am I doing wrong? Mon Jul 06, 2009 05:55 AM Quote
Ian

Hi all, I have been a HammerSnipe user for a long time but saw this plugin for Firefox and gave it a go. I won my first couple of bids, then I had unexpected failures. I bid on items ( the correct minium bid ) login , activate etc. I even "watch this item in ". The items have gone off with no bids?
I have read the FAQ's and some people are having "issues" it seems? I will keep testing some bids, but it is "erratic" for me at this time.
thanks

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Mon Jul 06, 2009 06:01 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

Welcome to our forums.

Sniping does not guarantee winning. You have to meet eBay's and seller's requirements, as well as to be the highest bidder.

You can always login into your account on myibay and check "My Status" for your item to see what happened.
If you want me to check it for you, please include your item id with your message.

still failures Mon Jul 06, 2009 08:15 AM Quote
Ian

Hello Sashka, I offered an upload shot of my account, and most recently , I bid , no other offers or bids, and auction again ended with "no bids". The item page showed that I had bid with "Snipe it" and the end result was NO Bids?
thanks again, but I give up.
Ian

Download 6-07-2009 4-05-38 PM.png
 Mon Jul 06, 2009 01:42 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

I checked your lost snipes and see the following reason in "My Status" field (you can see it on the Snipe page):
"Your PayPal account is not linked to your eBay account".

That means that you did not meet seller's requirements and don't have PayPal account linked to your eBay account.
Please check this forum thread for more information:
http://www.myibay.com/forums/viewtopic/647/your-paypal-account-is-not-linked-to-your-ebay-account/

Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:17 PM Quote
Ian

Hello Sashka,thankyou for this info about my Paypal account not being linked to Ebay, I will check on this, but I am sure my account is linked, as all my Ebay purchases are paid Via Paypal. But thanks I will make sure of this.
regards
Ian

Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:33 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

If you are paying using PayPal it does not mean that you have it linked.
Please link it to avoid missing auctions.

Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:42 AM Quote
Ian

Thanks Sashka, your reply is correct. I tried "Hammer snipe" and it did not register either, so then I put in a manual bid
(paynow) and then the "buyer requirements" came up saying I must have a linked Paypal account. I have been buying for ten years using Paypal on Ebay, and have never had a seller with this requirement. Thanks to you for pointing this out, I will link as suggested. Then I will use myibay Snipeit always.
thanks
Ian

Forums IndexNew TopicReply