Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

General Support for Myibidder service
General Myibidder support
Status for my snipes Tue Jul 07, 2009 03:40 PM Quote
brew7

I placed bids on the four following ebay item numbers about 2-4 days ago thru the Firefox extension:

150355771595 did not go off, even though my bid was higher than the final selling price;

170351223036 did not go off, even though my bid was higher than the final selling price;

160345566598 did not go off, even though my bid was higher than the final selling price;

170351223782 went off and won the item.

Why did this happen?

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Tue Jul 07, 2009 04:06 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

If you check "My Status" of those snipes (located on Snipe page), you will see the following message:
"weak password".

That means that your password is probably too weak and your login was refused by eBay.

Please update your password to something more strong and secure:
http://www.myibay.com/forums/viewtopic/1316/short-or-weak-password-will-prevent-you-from-bidding/

snipe not sniping sometimes Thu Jul 09, 2009 03:10 PM Quote
brew7

u replied my e-bay password is not strong enough...however it has multiple combinations of characters ( lower/uppercase numbers and specials) making it very strong and I am still experiencing missed bids...up until a few days ago I had no problems, but it has just gone ridiculous lately

Thu Jul 09, 2009 06:01 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

When I answered to you initially, your password did not have any of those. I guess you changed it recently. That's good.
There are no numbers though, but that may be fine.

I see you have two items in your account: one had a low bid, another one shows up as "weak password".
Since you changed the password recently, please try to avoid logging into eBay during the snipe (when your item is about to finish or close to it).

Forums IndexNew TopicReply