Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

General Support for Myibidder service
Comments, Suggestions and Ideas
Refreshing the current bid price Tue Aug 11, 2009 03:40 PM Quote
delete11

I know this has been mentioned a couple of times but I really think the current bid prices should be updated when update status is pressed.

The reason is that I would like to know how many items I am definitely not going to win or possible going to win.

For instance if I want to buy something that I need but can get it on Amazon for $12, I might snipe for $11. If the bidding goes to $12 I can see straight away that I am not going to win and go and purchase it from Amazon or the high street store and get it straight away.

It is always useful to have an idea of items you are definitely not going to win and ones that you are possibly going to be able to snipe. (Bit like e-bay's own bid feature where you see "winning" and "losing")

Last edited on Tue Aug 11, 2009 03:40 PM.
Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Tue Aug 11, 2009 04:03 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

Welcome to our forums.

The "Update Status" button is not for updating the item's information. This button is for updating your statuses (i.e "GotItem", "Paid", etc). It has a different purpose.

If you see the current bid is $12, you still have a chance that the highest bidder will back out and cancel his/her bid. You can't know for sure in this case.
The seller can cancel bids as well.

The refreshing is done daily, but if you want to force refreshing you can click "Refresh" button (not "Update Status") to get the latest information:
http://www.myibay.com/login/faq/4/#q13

It's easier to do it in Windows application as you can select items you want to refresh and do "Refresh" on those items only.

Refresh current bid price Thu Dec 15, 2011 01:53 PM Quote
regman

Your comments about refreshing current bid refer to page:
https://www.myibidder.com/login/faq/4/#q13
where it states:
Manually, you can do it by clicking "Refresh" button in the "Snipe" window or by adding the item id anew.

Where is this "Refresh" button? I don't see it anywhere on the screen.

Thu Dec 15, 2011 04:18 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

Did you go to the "Snipe" window as suggested (click "Snipe" button next to your item)?

Forums IndexNew TopicReply