Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

Myibidder Support for Web-based service
Web-based interface support
Some questions Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:55 AM Quote
traut
Experienced Sniper

Hi again,

here are some questions where I'd like to ask for an update:

A) "reload" does not update status overview

I observed recently that a reload of the Auction Manager (overview) does not update the content. I do have to press the (update status) button for a real update. However, this refresh does not update the current bid which usually remains at the same height when I placed the snipe. Only after bit or end of auction it will show the final result.

B) today I observed once again that the snipe options where not added to an auction (#260507072344). I then tried to add it manually within the overview. The "My Bid" column still shows "no", although I placed the bid. When I follow the link (which I have to fix, see C), I now do see the snipe options. When I open the snipe, it does show the bid I placed.

But my overview still lacks the bid!?

Was it a temporary unavailability of myibay that I did not see the snipe options within ebay directly?

C) I do use ebay.de instead of ebay.com. Some time ago I asked to store and use the toplevel domain for the bids. Currently most of my auctions are listed on ebay.de only. When I follow the overview link, ebay.com tells me that this auction is not available.

Example:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260507072344

Maybe you can see the auction. I can't (Linux Firefox 2.0, Mac Firefox 3.6), but maybe it does depend on IP or browser. But bidding always seems to work!

Thus most of the times I do have to re-edit the overview URL, replacing com by de.

Do you have any idea when this improvement might be added to keep the original toplevel domain com/de/xy?

Thanks!

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Mon Nov 16, 2009 02:06 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

A) The current bid information is not updating by "Reload". Please check this FAQ section for more information:
http://www.myibay.com/login/faq/4/#q13

B) I'm not sure what do you mean by "the snipe options were not added". What kind of snipe options are you talking about?
I just added this item to my list and I see "Snipe" button and I can set a snipe amount on this item. No problems here. A screenshot would be nice if possible.

C) It does not depend on your IP or your browser. If you need to go to ebay.de, please change "My Country" preference in your Profile section from "eBay US" to "eBay Germany".

Mon Nov 16, 2009 02:35 PM Quote
traut
Experienced Sniper

A) thanks for the reload faq hint. I feel that the 1x/2x a day is not correct, which may be due to the different toplevel domain. Current bids has shown 1 EUR for several days, while bids where increasing from day one on.

However, what bothered me here was the Web Auction Manager "Buy" which neither updated remaining time nor items on a browser reload command, but did update only when pressing the "update status" button. Different proxies, while a proxy usually does accept a reload for an actual update.

B) May I mail three images to you? First, the small snipe url did not appear - I guess, temporarily only, although I triggered several reloads. Thus I went, second, to the Web Auction Manager, pasted the auction id, selected snipe, added a price, saved and still did not see the My Bid value.

Third I opened the auction again. This time I see the usual snipe logo. But I do not see the extra info about the bid I placed. I click snipe, I see the price I added before.

Hm, I'm very sure that I did have pressed the save button. I tried once again. And now everything is fine: in ebay Current Snipe is shown now, the Auction Manager now does show My Bid now too.

I can't make perfectly sure that I actually confirmed the snipe. I think I did, but maybe it got somehow lost. I think I got the bid confirmation, but there's no proof for that. So maybe all of it was a mixture of server timeout and my own fault.

C) thanks, I did not know that one yet. That solves my issue here.

Side note: I do not like the "(click here if you are not xxxx)" info. Either mybay should know who I am or something went wrong. It may be of special use for seller and pusher, while a single user account should be sufficient for a sniper. But that's JMHO.

Last edited on Mon Nov 16, 2009 02:37 PM.
 Mon Nov 16, 2009 03:28 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

A) Updates are done dynamically when server is not busy doing your snipes. The highest priority is done for items which are ending within 1 day.
If you don't see "End time" updated properly, that means that your proxy or browser is caching pages which does not need to be cached. If you use proxy, please check your proxy's settings.

B) I see it always appear (including the item you sent me). A screenshot would be nice so I can see it also.

pasted the auction id, selected snipe, added a price, saved and still did not see the My Bid value.

Please makes sure you clicked "Activate" checkbox as well.
If you tell me the item number, I can check it on my side.

Side note: unfortunately, I have no way to know who is sittings next to the PC or if you have several eBay user ids which you use. So here is the option to switch in this case.

Last edited on Mon Nov 16, 2009 03:29 PM.
 Mon Nov 16, 2009 03:42 PM Quote
traut
Experienced Sniper

A) so if this problem is new to you, maybe it actually is a proxy problem. Never had this before, but maybe someone changed proxy setup.

Maybe someone else will confirm some time that a reload did not reload, while an update status did. Otherwise it may have been a local problem.

Maybe the missing snipe changes to the ebay layout where temporary as well.

B) the item id is 260507072344, as mentionned before - I tried to place a bid on it. But by now everything is as it should be.

I usually never do anything to the activate checkbox - but maybe I had done something this time, unnoticed.

Thanks once again for your quick and helpful replies. I'm afraid it were just my own mistakes.

Last edited on Mon Nov 16, 2009 03:43 PM.
 Mon Nov 16, 2009 04:26 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

As a suggestion:
Please try a direct connection (if possible) instead of proxy. I suspect that your proxy may be causing most of the issues your described here by caching non-cacheable pages.

Mon Nov 16, 2009 05:01 PM Quote
traut
Experienced Sniper

Since I did have the same observation on two perfectly different computers and accounts, I did not expect the proxy to be a problem. In fact where most problems where visible, no proxy was defined at all.

Currently, behind the proxy, a reload does do the update.
I'll check again later on with the non-proxy, WLAN, Mac

Forums IndexNew TopicReply