Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

General Support for Myibidder service
Comments, Suggestions and Ideas
Allowing users to manually input/edit shipping prices (Windows app) Mon Jun 21, 2010 03:11 PM Quote
Matthias777

I know that a lot of people get frustrated because oftentimes it isn't feasible for Myibay to import shipping costs, usually because the seller is using a variable cost. Until either eBay changes something that allows Myibay to more easily obtain shipping cost information, or the Myibay devs figure out a way around this, why not let "Shipping" be a field that users can manually edit if no shipping cost information is received from eBay? Maybe even alter the color the text of the shipping cost field if the information has been put in manually, or add an asterisk next to the field's value.

I don't know about everyone else, but this would really help me out! Thanks for all the hard work put into this application; it is appreciated.

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Mon Jun 21, 2010 03:33 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

That's definitely a good idea, but...
How would like it to be implemented to keep the interface simple and easy for those who don't need it?
The problem is that about 5% of users really want this so other 95% should not be frustrated and confused by this extra option.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 04:12 PM Quote
Matthias777

That's a very valid concern; you don't want added features to turn off even the minority of your users. You could make the feature disabled by default, and users such as myself would have to go to Settings/Interface to turn it on via a checkbox. Assuming the users enabled the feature, here's what I was thinking it would look like (click to see full size):

[attached picture]

If Myibay DID import shipping cost data from eBay, any attempts to alter the shipping cost field could cause a dialog box to pop up asking the user if he or she is sure they want to change the value of the field. What do you think?

Last edited on Mon Jun 21, 2010 06:07 PM.
 Mon Jun 21, 2010 05:16 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

Let me discuss it with my designer and other users to get a better opinion on that.
I'm definitely considering this feature.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 06:06 PM Quote
Matthias777

Thanks for your consideration. :) I think I should add that at a later date, this feature could prove to be VERY helpful for those users who use Groups, a feature that I think everyone can find useful. If you need any more input on the subject, let me know; I'd love to help.

Sat Jul 17, 2010 05:48 PM Quote
jamesit05

I support this idea. Good.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:23 AM Quote
crazedpro

Just make it editable! Whats so confusing about that? I doubt there are very many unsophisticated users using this site anyway! Is that field even involved in the actual snipe?

Thu Aug 05, 2010 02:22 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

crazedpro wrote:
Is that field even involved in the actual snipe?

It's not involved into sniping.
Are you going to edit it for all items so I can remove retrieving shipping information completely?

Wed Dec 15, 2010 04:43 PM Quote
Matthias777

What's the word on the implementation of this feature? Any news yet? Not trying to pester; we're all very appreciative of the hard work done by the myibay team. Just curious. :)

Wed Dec 15, 2010 05:06 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

Matthias777,
That will be coming in the next version.
There is no ETA yet as it will include a several cosmetic bug fixes, which are still being developed.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 06:03 PM Quote
Matthias777

Sashka wrote:
Matthias777,
There is no ETA yet as it will include a several cosmetic bug fixes, which are still being developed.

Fantastic! Thanks so much, Sashka. I admit that in addition to the reasons stated in my original post, I had an additional reason for wanting this feature implemented.

Since you will now have the ability to edit shipping prices, accurate shipping costs can be seen in the Shipping column in the main/group view. This allows the implementation of another feature, one that will greatly simplify group sniping. Please see my new thread here.

Wed Mar 25, 2015 08:27 PM Quote
Deina

Sashka wrote:
Matthias777,

Any idea when that next version will be?

Matthias other idea at https://www.myibidder.com/forums/viewtopic/3233/my-snipe-shipped-cost-enter-one-snipe-value-for-an-entire-group-including-shipping-costs/ will be great, too!

Wed Mar 25, 2015 09:36 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

Deina,
This is still in pending ToDo list, but unfortunately this is not a higher priority right now due to mobile development.
I understand this topic was brought up long time ago, but it seems like this was pushed more than I originally expected.

Thu Mar 26, 2015 01:21 AM Quote
Matthias777

Just wanted to post and say thanks to Deina for bringing this back up. To Sashka, it may have been a long time since I initially posted this thread, but we (users) are still eagerly awaiting the implementation of this feature! :)

Fri Mar 27, 2015 01:16 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

I moved it to a higher position in the ToDo list. Although, I can't guarantee it, but hopefully that will speed it up a little.
Thank you for reminding.

Forums IndexNew TopicReply