Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

Myibidder Support for stand-alone client applications
Stand-alone (Mac/Win) application Support
Shipping amount does not show up in Shipping field Fri Jan 14, 2011 06:40 PM Quote
FireHydrant2

Hi,

I have be playing around with the stand alone version of myibay. I like it a lot it seems to be very powerful and may be be a big help.

At this point I need click on each item individually to see if it is in my price range for the item since the shipping charges charges do not show up. Is this a present limitation with the software or is there some thing wrong with my setup.

What I would really like would be to be able to sort the items by Price+ shipping the way ebay does. Is there a way to do this?

Looks like a great piece of software,
Keep up the good work

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Fri Jan 14, 2011 07:23 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

Shipping amount is not reliable in many ways (some seller put dynamic values, multiple shipping methods, etc).
You can highlight the item and click "Refresh". If that won't help, the shipping won't show anyway.
Additionally, I would highly suggest to rely on eBay page when checking the shipping amount to be 100% sure.

Shipping amount does not show up in Shipping field - Much inproved after doing a refresh Fri Jan 14, 2011 09:31 PM Quote
FireHydrant2

Sashka,

Thanks for your quick reply. I tried the refresh and it worked much better.

Out of the 29 very few showed shipping values. After doing a refresh 21 showed a shipping rates. Refreshing again did not improve things further.

I looked up the other 8 manually and they showed shipping prices in the listing. I did not see any differences between these shipping rates picked up by the software and those the software did not pick up.

Is there any reason the software can't pick up automatically other 8 shipping charges as well?

For what I am thinking about using your software for even looking up the shipping manually would still be much faster than my present capabilities.

The fact that I only need to look up 30% of the shipping charges makes things even better.

What I am trying to do is get a lot of listings for parts I would like to buy, Delete all the parts where Price plus Shipping is greater than some maximum I want to pay.

This would eliminate the majority of the parts. I would then click on the title of each remaining part and view it carefully on ebay's listing - deleting the parts that I don't like and placing a snip bid on the rest based on the parts quality.

Eliminating as much as possible having to view parts on ebay to determine shipping amounts would save me a lot of time.

It would be GREAT!! if the software could pick up 95% to 100% of the shipping charges automatically.

Is there any reason the software can't do this? As I said I did not see any difference in the listings between the 21 shipping charges it was able to retrieved and 8 it did not.

Thanks much,

Again so far I really like the software and think I may prove to be very useful for me.

I am looking foward to future improvements like the ability to upload a file containing product ID numbers.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 09:51 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

The difference is how eBay represents those value -- static or dynamic. You won't see the difference unless you check eBay's code.

There was a feature where you set your snipe amount considering the shipping, but many users got confused or was not clear on low reliability of shipping information. So we had to remove it to avoid such confusion.

I usually do like this:
1. I add bunch of items to my list.
2. Do a refresh for those where I don't see a shipping.
3. Do a quick add snipe by highlighting My Bid cell, press F2, set your snipe, press Enter.

Shipping amount does not show up in Shipping field Sat Jan 15, 2011 07:37 PM Quote
FireHydrant2

Sashka,

I would like the F2 feature but it does not seem do anything when I press it. Any suggestions.

Also is there some help that describes features like F2 in myibay? I like the features of myibay that I have tried so far and don't want to miss any other features you have included.

Thanks,

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:24 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

You have to highlight My Bid cell in order for F2 to work. It won't work on other cells.

There is no help yet, the idea is to build the whole documentation with step by step instructions, and features like F2 and other neat tricks.

Shipping amount does not show up in Shipping field Sun Jan 16, 2011 06:28 AM Quote
FireHydrant2

Sashka,

Looking forward to your help documentation and those "neat tricks" sounds great!

I did have the listing highlighted when I press F2 still don't get anything to occur when I do this.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 08:55 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

It seems like you keep highlighting the listing cell, but you have to highligh "My Bid" cell only. This is the cell where you see your Snipe amount.

Forums IndexNew TopicReply