Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

Myibidder Support for stand-alone client applications
Stand-alone (Mac/Win) application Support
The myibay server is not updating with the new password!!!!!!!!! Wed Apr 06, 2011 01:15 AM Quote
dragonvolcom1977

Dear Admin,
I turned off windows firewall running windows 7 service pack 1 ultimate, then I tried to use the new version of myibay the stand alone program, i registered the user name and password, and then i went to log in with my account info (user-name/password) when I put the user name and leave the password blank it says nothing, when i put a password in, it says invalid, I've changed the password 20 x and get the same thing, so i tried to use the Firefox plug-in and snipe with that and went to log in and the password again is not accepted, i used ebaygenie and it logs in fine, when i try to connect and log in with myibay with the plug-in for Firefox which is free or the standalone program, the password is rejected i included pics... You emailed me a nasty email and no solution, Yes I know the password has to be reset on the server, but you give no directions on HOW to reset the password, or update it, and why the password that is the current one on eBay is being rejected....... I know the problem isn't with the client and isn't with eBay, but is something wrong with your server or the account access on the server end, because you can clearly see that the program works in Firefox, and works in the windows app but neither can connect with the proper correct case sensitive password and user name!

Download TESTWITHPASSWORD.jpg
Download PLUGIN LOGON FIREFOX.jpg
Download Test without password......jpg
Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Wed Apr 06, 2011 01:18 AM Quote
dragonvolcom1977

Hello,

You don't have to post your question several times. One time is enough to get a response.

Now to your issue: you always need to login with your current eBay password into the sniper.
If you changed your eBay password, you have to log in into sniper using the same new password. Otherwise your snipes will fail.

With Best Regards,
Sashka

This response makes no sense..... I always log in with my current eBay and password into the sniper, it won't accept the current password, it accepts the user-name, but the password i changed several times and tried to log on, and on vista and windows 7.... How is your email answering my problem that when I try to connect with the plugin or client that the user-name/password are rejected by your server?

Wed Apr 06, 2011 01:20 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

Please keep one correspondence to avoid confusion for yourself. You are posting your question on support ticket and on the forum. Please choose the one you feel more comfortable with.

Back to your question.
Here is a copy of my answer in the support question I sent you earlier. Please follow up:
"I also see that you are trying to login with "dragpnvolcom1977", but in your e-mail below you said that it's "dragonvolcom1977" (with "o" after "drag").
It's very important that you enter exactly the same eBay user id as you login to eBay. A similar one will not work."

Forums IndexNew TopicReply