Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

Myibidder Support for stand-alone client applications
Stand-alone (Mac/Win) application Support
Bug Report (Chrome extension causing install failure) Wed Apr 13, 2011 05:03 AM Quote
surmaka

Installing myibay with the Chrome extension checked under the current (as of the post date/time) version of Chrome (10.0.648.204) will cause a code 2 error (cannot find specified file, sorry didn't write the whole thing down).

The software will finish installing and it will appear to work correctly, but would not add or change any values already set through the web version.

I uninstalled/reinstalled with every combination of the 3 available extensions (FFox, Exp 9 and Chrome) checked or unchecked, and only Chrome caused this.

The software works fine now as I reinstalled using just the Firefox extension, just thought I'd let you know and maybe help out anyone else experiencing this bug.

Thanks from a new customer :)

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Wed Apr 13, 2011 05:17 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

Seems like you have some weird Google Chrome installation in your system. Did you use some custom location when installed Chrome?

The Google Chrome extension does not affect Windows application. Also, you can always download the extension separately:
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/fmebanjjkaohcmifehogijfgcoieefnp

Wed Apr 13, 2011 05:17 AM Quote
surmaka

Just thought, it would be nice to choose which browser is used to open item links by myibay. I'll still be using Chrome for everything else, so it's my system default, but as I have the Firefox extension installed I'd prefer to do all my ebaying through that (and the Android app).

Wed Apr 13, 2011 05:18 AM Quote
surmaka

Normal Chrome installation. No matter, as I said it works fine with the Firefox extension :)

Wed Apr 13, 2011 05:22 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

surmaka wrote:
it would be nice to choose which browser is used to open item links by myibay.

The Windows application uses your default browser for that.
All rarely used options confuse other users.

surmaka wrote:
Normal Chrome installation. No matter, as I said it works fine with the Firefox extension

I could not replicate the problem, but I'll see what can be done about it. Thanks.

Last edited on Wed Apr 13, 2011 05:22 AM.
 Wed Apr 13, 2011 05:59 AM Quote

Sashka wrote:
All rarely used options confuse other users.

Sorry to take up more of your time, as this is the wrong section for it - but any chance of adding things like this under "Advanced" options, maybe with a disclaimer ("Use at your own risk"? I've seen a few features requested on the forums which are being turned down due to it being overcomplicated for some users, but I think it holds back the development of a really nice tool.

Already paid for the Windows client BTW, and likely to recommend it to other regular ebayers.

Sashka wrote:
I could not replicate the problem, but I'll see what can be done about it. Thanks.

It's not an issue to me, but it would be a shame if it was costing you sales, I think the tool is well worth the asking price :)

Wed Apr 13, 2011 02:27 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

wrote:
but any chance of adding things like this under "Advanced" options, maybe with a disclaimer ("Use at your own risk"? I've seen a few features requested on the forums which are being turned down due to it being overcomplicated for some users, but I think it holds back the development of a really nice tool.

Completely agree.
Although, it looks like it was turned down, this was added to the ToDo list for future considerations.
Probably "Advanced - Use at your own risk" maybe a good idea.

wrote:
Already paid for the Windows client BTW, and likely to recommend it to other regular ebayers.

Thanks a lot for your support!

wrote:
Sashka wrote:

It's not an issue to me, but it would be a shame if it was costing you sales, I think the tool is well worth the asking price :)

It should not cost the sales since the extension is free. I just want to make sure users have all possible advantages to use it.

Thanks a lot for your feedback and good luck sniping!

Forums IndexNew TopicReply