Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

Myibidder Support for stand-alone client applications
Mobile (Android, iOS, BB, webOS) App support
HOWTO: how to add a snipe to Android app Sun Sep 25, 2011 05:15 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

Login
1. Login using your username and password. If you don't have an account, you need to create one: https://www.myibidder.com/login/signup
2. Link your eBay account to your sniper's account using https://www.myibidder.com/main/ebay

If you know your item number:
1. Open the app and login using your username and password, if not logged in yet.
2. You will get "My Main Menu" screen with several options.
3. Click "Add Item ID", and enter the item number. Then click "Add" to confirm.
4. You will see "My Item" screen.
5. Put your absolute maximum amount to snipe in "Maximum Bid" and click "Activate snipe" to make sure it's "On".
6. Click "Save" to save your changes.

If you have the item added to your Watching List on eBay:
1. Open the app and login using your username and password, if not logged in yet.
2. You will get "My Main Menu" screen with several options.
3. Click "Import Watching List", it will take a few moments to get your Watching List from eBay.
4. You will see a list of your active items in your Watching List.
5. Click the item you want to import into the sniper. If you don't need more items to be imported, then click "Back" on your phone to get into the "My Main Menu".
6. Click "Active Items", you should see your imported items here.
7. Click the item you want to snipe, you will get to "My Item" screen.
8. Put your absolute maximum amount to snipe in "Maximum Bid" and click "Activate snipe" to make sure it's "On".
9. Click "Save" to save your changes.

Last edited on Tue Sep 12, 2017 01:37 PM.
Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
All of maximum or only high enough to win bid? Fri Sep 28, 2012 04:00 AM Quote
Lilryke

when u set the maximum amount does it use the entire amount or only enough to win the bid?

dose it use the max bid Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:36 PM Quote
glynis9502012

It only uses what is needed to win the bid not the full amount . Hope this helps. .glynis

Doesn't just put in enough to win the bid Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:35 AM Quote
dizzyhytes

Hi, I've just used this for the first time. I put my maximum snipe to go 5s before the end but it didn't use just enough to win the bid, it used my max amount. In the end I didn't win anyway as someone else outbid me in the last seconds. I have two questions: 1. Does it monitor the bidding and put in just the right amount to win? 2. If I'm outbid will it keep submitting a counter bid up to my max bid?

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:46 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

dizzyhytes wrote:
it used my max amount. In the end I didn't win anyway as someone else outbid me in the last seconds.

That's the reason -- someone else bid higher, that's why you see your maximum amount.

dizzyhytes wrote:
1. Does it monitor the bidding and put in just the right amount to win?
2. If I'm outbid will it keep submitting a counter bid up to my max bid?

If will submit the bid exactly as you specified. If nobody bids higher, you will win at the lowest possible price just enough to outbid the previous bidder by one increment only.
If somebody bid higher, you will loose no matter what.

Doesn't just put in enough to win the bid Wed Oct 24, 2012 08:57 AM Quote
dizzyhytes

Thanks, I don't think that's how it worked. For example, the existing bid was $10. My max bid was $29.99. It should have put in a bid at $10.50 or whatever it was to outbid the $10. But instead, it went in at my maximum bid right away. So it bid $29.99, which is way above the $10 existing bid.

So of course, the next competitive bid was already higher than my max bid, and came in at $30, exceeding my max bid at the first go.

I'm not saying that I shouldn't be outbid; obviously if someone bids above my max bid, I will be outbid. But what I am saying is that if the app had put in a bid at $11, then the next bidder would say have bid at $11.50 or $12, and my snipe could potentially have won as it was so close to the deadline.

As it was, the app exhausted my max limit at the first bid which was totally unnecessary, and which didn't give me any further opportunity or time to rebid. And ahyway the idea is to keep the bidding as low as possible.

I don't think the logic is correct.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 05:17 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

It works exactly as you described in the second part of your message:
_If_ the next bidder would put $11, you would win it for $11.50.

The app exhausted your maximum because someone else bid higher. If nobody bids higher, you will win at one increment higher just enough to outbid the previous bidder.

You won't have another opportunity to rebid when you snipe, you simple don't have enough time for it. Keeping it mind, please always use your absolute maximum when setting up a snipe. You will not have another chance on the same listing when it ended.

Also, why did you use $29.99 if someone outbid you with 1 cent by placing $30? Does one cent make a big difference for you? Probably not.
You should use values like $30.01 or $30.02 to outbid others who bid even amounts instead. A few extra cents will not make a difference for your budget, but will increase the chances of winning.
After all, you want to win more than saving 1 cent, right?

Fri Dec 27, 2013 02:43 PM Quote

Which is the suggested value to my time. There are five values 3 5 7 10 12 in sec

Fri Dec 27, 2013 04:08 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

The default is the suggested value, which is 5 seconds.

Bidding on mybidder Tue Jul 21, 2015 08:07 AM Quote
Kerasaki

Do you have to bid on the ebay apps in order to make the mybidder to work? Or you can just set the max bid anount directly in the mybidder to increase the winning odds? I.e., the item on auction have only 1 bidder, if I bid on the ebay apps it will notify the other bidder that he or she had been outbid by me. So he or she may increase his or her bid, this will make the amount getting higher. But if I just set the max amt on mybidder, the other bidder won't get a notif until the last few seconds that the apps snipe it away for me.

Tue Jul 21, 2015 02:31 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

Kerasaki,
No need to place a manual bid if you set your snipe.

Forums IndexNew TopicReply