Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

General Support for Myibidder service
Comments, Suggestions and Ideas
suggestion or 3 Tue Oct 25, 2011 02:42 PM Quote
simon

hello,

i use the free version of myibidder, very good it is too. that said, a suggestion or 3 to make it even better:

a date column, or the date as well as the time left. it would be useful to be able to see the dates that previous snipes ended, rather than just that they have ended.

a notification of having been the highest bidder, but the reserve hasn't been met. i'm looking at a completed snipe that says i've won, but the reserve wasn't met, yet the status is that i won the item.

the ability to snipe based upon whether i've won an auction from a particular seller. sometimes shipping costs are high for what i bid on, so i have to manually edit the snipe (assuming the seller combines postage) after i've won another auction. i'd like to be able to tell myibidder to bid a particular amount for an auction, then plus whatever shipping if i've won another auction from the same seller.

updates more frequently on the main page; i've seen a number of times that my snipe is higher than the current bid as reported on the main page, then when i go to the auction on ebay, the price is higher than what's reported on the main page.

i appreciate the tool as it is and it's free :) , but would pay for it if the third suggestion in particular could be implemented.

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Tue Oct 25, 2011 04:26 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

Thank you for your suggestions. I appreciate your input.

simon wrote:
a date column, or the date as well as the time left. it would be useful to be able to see the dates that previous snipes ended, rather than just that they have ended.

There is a column called "Time Left" to show how long until auction's end.
If you don't have it, you can enable it in Tools.

simon wrote:
a notification of having been the highest bidder, but the reserve hasn't been met.

If you put your e-mail in Profile, you will get such notifications after each snipe.
There is no way to find out the reserve without bidding.

simon wrote:
the ability to snipe based upon whether i've won an auction from a particular seller. sometimes shipping costs are high for what i bid on, so i have to manually edit the snipe (assuming the seller combines postage) after i've won another auction. i'd like to be able to tell myibidder to bid a particular amount for an auction, then plus whatever shipping if i've won another auction from the same seller.

Getting the shipping from eBay is not reliable especially when shipping is calculated dynamically or seller offers several methods of shipment.
Also, many sellers have different rules for combined shipping which adds extra complication to this process (and lowers reliability).

simon wrote:
updates more frequently on the main page; i've seen a number of times that my snipe is higher than the current bid as reported on the main page, then when i go to the auction on ebay, the price is higher than what's reported on the main page.

You can update it yourself by clicking "Refresh" button on the Snipe page.
Your snipes have higher priority than updating the current bids. You don't want to get often current bid updates and pay with late snipes for that.
The current bid should not affect sniping anyway. Just put your absolute maximum when sniping and let it go.
If you feel increasing your snipe when you see a different current bid placed by someone else -- you are getting emotionally involved into bidding wars and have risk of overpaying.
Think really good about your absolute maximum (something like "would I buy if the price goes $5 higher?". If answer is no, then you don't want to increase your snipe later just because someone increased the current price).

simon wrote:
i appreciate the tool as it is and it's free :) , but would pay for it if the third suggestion in particular could be implemented.

Unfortunately, the real time update of the Current bid is technically not possible.
The current bid can change any seconds -- no matter how often it's updated, the data will be old.

Last edited on Tue Oct 25, 2011 04:26 PM.
 Wed Oct 17, 2012 05:44 PM Quote
videobruce

Unfortunately, the real time update of the Current bid is technically not possible.

I don't know what the cutoff is, but when the auction is 'down to the wire' (less than 5 or so minutes), when on eBay, the page shows the time in minutes and seconds counting down, is it possible for this program to see this and show in the software?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 05:57 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

videobruce wrote:
I don't know what the cutoff is, but when the auction is 'down to the wire' (less than 5 or so minutes), when on eBay, the page shows the time in minutes and seconds counting down, is it possible for this program to see this and show in the software?

eBay has their own data in their own database. I don't have access to it so I can't refresh it in real-time.

Forums IndexNew TopicReply