Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

General Support for Myibidder service
Comments, Suggestions and Ideas
Notify when current bid exceeds snipe amount Sat Dec 10, 2011 06:04 PM Quote
RichmondJim

One thing that I don't see on myibidder.com is the ability to have to system email me (or SMS) when the current bid exceeds my snipe amount. This is handy in case I want to reconsider my maximum bid for the snipe. I had this on my old local PC based software and it was handy.
Just a suggestion... Thanks!

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Sat Dec 10, 2011 08:09 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

Unfortunately, the real-time monitoring of the current bid is technically not possible.
Especially when you consider that the current bid changes a lot on last minutes of the auction so you won't really have enough time to react.

Also, if you start to "reconsider your snipe" based on the current bid, that will be against of the main sniping purposes -- avoid being emotionally involved into bidding wars.
When you start adjusting your snipe based on somebody's else bid, you are in the risk of overpaying at the end.
Instead, put your absolute maximum when setting up your snipe, not just one step higher.
Always use your absolute maximum. You can add 1-2 bid increments for important listings just in case.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 01:48 PM Quote
videobruce

I can't see where that would be possible considering the last few seconds can be bombed with snipes.

Forums IndexNew TopicReply