Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

Myibidder Support for Web-based service
Web-based interface support
snipe bid including delivery costs -> netto bids for total price Tue Jul 10, 2012 06:54 PM Quote
traut
Experienced Sniper

Is there any chance to add a checkbox "incl. delivery" which would compute the actual bid by subtracting delivery costs?

A bid of $15 thus would be an actual snipe bid of
$15 for FREE shipping
$12.01 for $2.99 shipping
$5 for $10 shipping
and no bid at all for $19.99 shipping

I feel that myibay might have some trouble to select the proper shipping condition, especially if "FREE" would be pickup in Hong-Kong itself only, £5 for London, $10 for USA and 15 € for Europe, 50 € for express delivery etc. - but it would be worth a try, at least if just one delivery option is available.

I'm already impressed that myibay does not snipe if there's actually no delivery to my country. Now I'd like even more ;-)

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Tue Jul 10, 2012 07:54 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

I think this was discussed here several times.
The problem is that the shipping fee is not reliable on eBay, especially when a seller offers different shipping methods or calculates shipping based on the destination.

When you bid manually on eBay, you do your shipping calculations too.

Btw, Myibidder snipes no matter what. However, some sellers block bidders who are registered in other countries, that's why you see your bid did not go through. Myibidder have no control over it, as this is set by sellers on their listings.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 07:56 PM Quote
traut
Experienced Sniper

But how about those where just one shipping is given?

Tue Jul 10, 2012 08:05 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

Don't you think it will be too confusing when you have about half of your auctions where you have to take shipping into consideration and another half where you should remember that shipping is included in your snipe already?

Tue Jul 10, 2012 08:50 PM Quote
traut
Experienced Sniper

It might be worth to give it a try.

Otherwise, how and why do you show a column "shipping"? How do you select the appropriate one, if there's more than one? Could you detect whether there's more than one and indicate better that there were multiple choices? A single change of style (e.g. strikethrough or an asterisk behind might do that job).

Concerning shipping costs, there are many more related questions and ideas.

- why don't you show them in the "snipe these" overview? This would permit to exclude those with higher costs and snipe a different amount for them in another stage.

- why don't you show them before the end of auction, especially immediately when adding them?

I don't understand yet when and how they are shown. At the moment they are never shown for future snipes and only a few times for former auctions. I feel that they are always computed for delivery to USA only, although my profile is set for my local country. I think that sometimes the shipment was shown short before the end of auction, but don't see any of those at the current moment.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 09:04 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

I can't guarantee that value. eBay could show different things on different refreshes.
I've heard that even official eBay app may show incorrect shipping value.
Seems like eBay is still working on this. Hopefully, that will be more stable soon so can actually guarantee it and relay on it.

I just don't want users to relay on this and then blame me because they paid too much or lost the snipe because they bid too low.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 09:25 PM Quote
traut
Experienced Sniper

Thanks, that's a good reason for many of your happy users.

But some might want to take that risk...

You guess it's a temporary problem that shipping is not calculated properly? It must be annoying to have to fix again and again what ebay script buddies do "improve".

Tue Jul 10, 2012 09:58 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

Yes, I think there are some changes in regards to that, so I it looks like it should be completed at some point.

Forums IndexNew TopicReply