Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

Myibidder Support for Web-based service
Web-based interface support
Multiple issues. Fri Nov 09, 2012 01:10 AM Quote
Apollo702

I wrote a long detailed email with several illustrated pictures that explained the problem and I will post some of it here.

There are multiple issues to report:

1. The "snipe these" tab on the Feebay pages is broken. All it does is (if we have scrolled downwards) jump the page back up. I know this has been previously reported- but not fixed.

2. The sniping window does pop up when I click on the toolbar icon but it has big big problems!
2a. It can't be resized. This means that areas like the address are hopelessly compressed.
2b. It also fails to display 90% of my toolbar items- some of which are critical to making anything work( especially security add-ons.)I know how to control these in other ways- but I am an ultra-advanced user. 99% of people would just say it is broken.

Those are the essentials of the issues. Please let me know if you can advise, patch, etc... Thank you!

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Fri Nov 09, 2012 03:58 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

1. That was not reported. But this is probably due pop-ups being blocked on your side. The add-on has no control over it, you have to enable it.

2a. What kind of address you are referring to? It should not have any addresses. Do you have a screenshot?
The toolbar icon is under your own control. If you are an ultra-advanced user, you can simply remove the fixed size property -- just right click and edit the shortcut.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 08:10 AM Quote
Apollo702

I double-checked my poppup settings- and also temporarily enabled all of them just in case I had misidentified the one to whitelist. I also checked my scripts, cross-site request, cookie... settings and those all were correct. This is using the latest Palemoon 15.2.1 and I also tested it and had the same problem on the latest Freezefox 16.1.

For the other issue I am referring to the toolbar window- not the control icon(which works just fine.) That is where the issues lie.

If you look at the screenshot it will show both my toolbar setup and the poppup window. The setup looks more complicated than it actually is and I have taught it to many people. Everything is put together in logical groups to serve a function and even the order of the groups is in a logical order and tested out on the basis of where people naturally reach for. This means that security is all lumped together and they are next to the privacy group. The video section is next to picture management...

Granted, I only have 2 icons which are directly related to Feebay- but many others would be used on there on a regular basis to handle logins, cookies, pictures...

Download With_Window.png
 Fri Nov 09, 2012 04:22 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

It seems like you still have some restrictions enabled in your browser.
I see "Pale Moon prevented this page from automatically redirecting to another page.", so I would assume there are still more things (even though you said you enabled it).
Please double-check.

What do you need the address bar for? It has no useful information anyway.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 09:37 PM Quote
Apollo702

I should clarify this. In my mail I sent multiple screenshots and that one was before I clicked that. Palemoon displays the part about redirects slightly differently than Failfox and in many situations that actually aren't true redirects. When it goes to download pages( ie Filehippo) is a good example of that.

Basically, that image was before I clicked on "allow" and it wasn't the issue. Your point about the address area is largely correct though. On that specific window it really would be(at most) a luxury item. Also, the controls on the address bar naturally all are address related so they would rarely be needed for the sniping window. The ones that really matter would be controls on the custom bars for things like NoScript and Lastpass.

The most important controls for this specific situation are all very popular and some only need to be configured once per site. The absolutely critical ones for the sniping window would be: Cookie Whitelist With Buttons, Ghostery, NoScript and Refcontrol. A few others are indirectly related and they really would only be used in rarely in the sniping window itself. Basically, I don't need all of the controls. I am saying that we should be able to get to all of them because not everyone has them in the same place.

I should also clarify what I did(and I didn't take enough screenshots.) Since I couldn't access a few of the key controls I did a manual workaround. Again, I do this sort of thing all day long so for me I can work around almost anything. I am talking about making everything as smooth as possible for the common user. See, I make my living making tech work for people who don't have an I.T. degree. I explain things in English and promote tech that enables the common user to get it done. The problem with many of us insiders is we assume that because it was easy for us to do a workaround that our grandma could do it too. She wont. She will just assume that she is bad with tech and never use it again...

In the end once I got it logged in the bidding did work well. I placed one bid on an item. I did lose the auction- but the price went a bit too high- so naturally that had nothing to do with the sniper at all. That is just the nature of auctions and knowing what correct prices are. Those people that assume they must win every auction sure are going to be liked by all of the sellers...

Last edited on Fri Nov 09, 2012 09:38 PM.
 Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:23 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

That pop-up window is just an auxiliary window to help you to set up a snipe. It's like a shortcut to simplify adding new snipe instead of opening www.myibidder.com in another tab and do that tedious copy/paste work.
That's why that pop-up window is the perfect size just enough to specify the snipe amount and close it when done.
If you need to manage your newly added snipes, you can always open the full-grown interface in another tab by loging in to www.myibidder.com

I hope it makes sense now. Please feel free to let me know if not.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:37 PM Quote
Apollo702

From that perspective it does make some sense. Again, with all those controls in my setup most run silently again in the background and some need configuring once and then they don't need to be touched again. A good example is the cookie manager. All cookies are banned until they are whitelisted. If sites need to leave them then you click it once and that is the end of it.

In many ways it is about getting to those controls early. The other real point is making it granny-proof. The way I see it is all of us should be looking for ways to cut clicks, workarounds, streamline menus... Even in the control setup that I am pushing it does have a bunch of controls out in the open. Right now it is going against the grain of the minimalist obsession- but I firmly believe this is the way to do it. I think that big companies like Google, Microsucks and others are burying controls to force people to get the page up and get a million ads and get spied on. The common user thinks that they are bad with computers because they didn't even know that they had choices!

Forums IndexNew TopicReply