Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

Myibidder Support for stand-alone client applications
Stand-alone (Mac/Win) application Support
New user question - not sure whether program is working Sun Feb 24, 2013 07:48 AM Quote
sniper_piglet

Apologies: I initially posted this in the General section. I'm on the first (well, now second) day of a free trial of the Windows Myibidder software.

-----

Hi,

I've just installed the program. I'm trying to place a bid (a snipe?) on an item, but each time I go back into the Snipe section to check my bid (not due to be placed for 24 hours or so) it says 'Your Snipe is Not Active', and there's no tick in the box.

In the main screen I see the item listed, but there's nothing shown under my bid (or group).

I'm not sure whether this means that the program is not planning to place my bid, or whether it's how the program works. I've never used it before, and I'm on the free trial.

Any help would be very welcome. I don't want to lose the item, but I'd rather snipe than drive up the bidding now.

I've attached an image of what I see after attempting to set the snipe.

Thanks for any help.

[attached picture]

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Sun Feb 24, 2013 03:18 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

What do you see when you highlight the item and click "Snipe" button on the toolbar?

Sun Feb 24, 2013 03:43 PM Quote
sniper_piglet

I go in, tick the My Bid box, enter my maximum bid, save and exit to the front screen. The front screen continues to look as it is in the screen print. When I return to the snipe screen there's no sign of my having placed a bid.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 03:54 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

I mean, can you please provide a screenshot after you highlighted the item and clicked "Snipe" button on the toolbar?

Last edited on Sun Feb 24, 2013 03:55 PM.
 Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:10 PM Quote
sniper_piglet

So... Clearly I've already lost this auction. It seems the program doesn't work.

Still, here's a screenshot of what I saw each time I highlighted the item and clicked Snipe, placed a bid and then saved.

[attached picture]

I tried several times. Each time, I ticked the 'Enable My Snipe' box, placed my bid in the 'My Maximum Bid' box, clicked 'Apply' and then clicked 'OK. However, each time I did that I went back to the main screen and saw the picture shown in my original screen shot. When I went back into the 'Snipe' screen I saw what's shown in my second screen shot i.e. no indication that I'd placed a bid, and no tick in the 'Enable My Snipe' box.

Did I do it wrong? If so, where's the Help file? I did look but couldn't find one.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:18 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

Thanks a lot for the provided screenshots.
I don't see you clicked "OK" on your side. Maybe you clicked "Cancel" by accident?
You just need to open the Snipe window, set your snipe amount, tick the "Enable My Snipe" box and click "OK" to save the changes.
Please check.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 05:46 AM Quote
sniper_piglet

If you think I clicked 'cancel' instead of OK you must be nuts!

I did it the right way, several times, but the program simply didnt record the bid. I've deleted it.

Last edited on Tue Feb 26, 2013 05:46 AM.
 Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:35 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

I was trying to replicate the issue the way how you described it and I see no problems. I set the snipe and got it set right away.
I think you did something else which you did not include in your description, so I could not replicate it.
You set one snipe only, so you did it once only without trying it again following my steps.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 02:09 PM Quote

I'm not sure how you concluded that I only tried once.

I tried several times. I appreciate you offering support here, but it's not exactly rocket science for those of us who use computers to understand that we have to enter the bid, click Apply and then click OK. I tried that several times re: the same item but the bid wasn't recorded, as was confirmed by the fact that each time I went back into the Snipe box re: that item there were no figures shown. I went back in to check because there was nothing on the Home screen to suggest that I had a bid pending.

Thanks anyway.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 02:10 PM Quote
sniper_piglet

The above was written by me, BTW. Apologies: I forgot to log in.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 02:18 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

I see you have one item, that's why I see you did it once only.
I'm not sure why you click "Apply" before clicking "OK". You should just do "OK" if you need to save and close the window.
Please try it.

You can also set your snipe by clicking on "My Bid" cell and entering it manually in there (sometimes you need to press F2 if cursor did not appear).
So you may want to try that too.

P.S.: your original screenshot does not have your snipe amount entered and checkbox ticked.

Last edited on Wed Feb 27, 2013 02:19 PM.
Forums IndexNew TopicReply