Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

1   2 
Myibidder Support for stand-alone client applications
Stand-alone (Mac/Win) application Support
ebay password not being saved correctly Mon Jun 23, 2014 01:45 AM Quote
ojait

when I enter my ebay password in the settings menu and hit save and then close the settings menu; when i open it right away it shows way more characters than what I just entered.If I delete this password and leave it blank and save it when I re-open settings it now shows nothing. How do I make it save the correct ebay login information? I've lost two items today. Any clues as to what the error might be?

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Mon Jun 23, 2014 01:55 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

If you changed your eBay password, then you just need to login into the sniper using your updated login information so it will sync it automatically.

password not saved Mon Jun 23, 2014 02:40 AM Quote
ojait

I am able to login to ebay with the password that I enter in the sniper settings menu. The sniper program doesn't save my password. It keeps changing it to something wrong. Why is not saving my information? and how do we correct it?

not working Mon Jun 23, 2014 03:17 AM Quote
ojait

I changed my ebay password on my ebay account, got a confirmation e-mail from ebay, entered my new password in the snipe settings menu, tried to import my watched items... nothing. re-opened snipe settings menu and even though my new password is this many charecters the snipe program continues to add 5 extra charecters for some fouled up reason. whats going on? Any solid ideas, support?

really messed up now Mon Jun 23, 2014 03:23 AM Quote
ojait

so I tried to delete my last two missed snipe bids and I can't. the snipe program ask if I want to delete the items, but doesn't when I confirm the deletion. What did you do to foul-up this once smooth functioning program? And more importantly how are you going to fix this problem?

error log Mon Jun 23, 2014 03:38 AM Quote
ojait

if this helps get an answer this is from the snipe error log: " C:\Program Files (x86)\Myibidder\myibay.exe\threading.py:533: RuntimeWarning: tp_compare didn't return -1 or -2 for exception "

Mon Jun 23, 2014 04:04 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

As I mentioned before, you just need to re-login into the sniper using your updated information.
There is no need to change your eBay password again or re-login into eBay itself. This does not affect you login sync in the sniper.

I can not fix it on my side, you have to re-login into the sniper using your current eBay login information.

password Mon Jun 23, 2014 02:56 PM Quote
ojait

yes I know "you mentioned that before", but as I have stated earlier: my password has been entered into the snipe settings menu, but it still does not save the characters I entered. What other answers do you have besides " as I mentioned before"? Maybe something a little less generic and more technical? If you need more information from me ask. Please do not shrug-off this issue. I have tried your suggestion and it is not fixing this problem. what else do you suggest? thank-you.

Mon Jun 23, 2014 03:56 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

But I did not mention entering your password in the Settings.
All you need to do is to login into the sniper using your current login information, so the sniper will sync it automatically.
It does not seem like you tried to re-login into the sniper because you are saying that you changed your password again, changed the settings and so on. You don't need to do those things, just re-login and you are done.
Please try.

update Mon Jun 23, 2014 04:10 PM Quote
ojait

I'm not sure if this is information that is important in fixing my password problem, but the snipe program was able to connect to my e-bay account and more importantly it did 'import' the items from my 'watching' list. I am still not sure why ,after entering my password, it continues not to save it? What do you think, Shaska?

Mon Jun 23, 2014 04:15 PM Quote
ojait

Sashka wrote:
But I did not mention entering your password in the Settings.
All you need to do is to login into the sniper using your current login information, so the sniper will sync it automatically.
It does not seem like you tried to re-login into the sniper because you are saying that you changed your password again, changed the settings and so on. You don't need to do those things, just re-login and you are done.
Please try.

I'm sorry. I just read your latest reply after I sent my last post. OK maybe I am not listening to your advice correctly. You say to login to the sniper program. Just so we are discissing the same solution: how do I login? thanks.

password Mon Jun 23, 2014 04:28 PM Quote
ojait

Shaska- sniper says I am logged-in. But it still is saving my ebay password incorrectly. It shows a 12 charecter password when it is supposed to be 7. This was the original problem I contacted you with: sniper is not placing my bids because it is not saving my ebay password correctly. the program seems to be working fine other than not saving my correct ebay password! Can you just direct your answer to this explicit problem: "why won't sniper save my ebay password?" The only answer you have stated is log-in to sniper. I have. that is not the problem. The problem that is preventing me from entering a bid is: "sniper is not saving my ebay password" please focus your answer to this specific statement.

Mon Jun 23, 2014 04:33 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

You just mentioned that you were able to import your Watch List, that means you used the correct login and it's in sync now. Good.
In order to save your password, you just need to make sure you have "Remember password" checkbox ticked. If you have auto-login enabled, then you just need to click "Logout" and "Login" again to get the Login box where you can check "Remember password" option.
Once you logged in after the box is checked, the sniper will save your password.

Just to make it clear: there is no need to re-enter it in the Settings. It is enough to login while having "Remember password" option checked.

password Mon Jun 23, 2014 04:43 PM Quote
ojait

I just tried a test bid and I was the only bidder and it did not place my bid.

Mon Jun 23, 2014 04:47 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

If you want me to check a specific listing, please always include the item number. I have no way to check without any reference information.
If you don't want to share it, please include the Status of your snipe which can be located on the bottom of the Snipe window for each ended snipe.

password Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:55 PM Quote
ojait

the item number is 181439928146. I don't know how to send an image of the item in the snipe program.

Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:57 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

I did not ask for image, so it's not needed.
If you check the Status of your snipe, you will see the following reason:
"Snipe updated too late, may not execute".

Seems like you added the snipe too late. Please check the following FAQ section for more information:
http://www.myibidder.com/login/faq/4/#q5

password Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:01 AM Quote
ojait

I do not see where it says the bid was entered too late. Is that on ebay or in the snipe program? If in the program how do I view it?

Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:06 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

The Status field can be located on the bottom of the Snipe window for each ended snipe.
That's in the sniper program.

Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:13 AM Quote
ojait

I just put a bid into snipe. here is the item number 231264147305. Lets see if it works.

Forums IndexNew TopicReply

1   2