Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply
 
General Support for Myibidder service
Comments, Suggestions and Ideas
grouping of items Tue Aug 12, 2008 01:37 PM Quote
andyramoth
Guest
Avatar

Just a suggestion really, if I have a large group of items I want to bid on to ensure I get one of them, is it possible to speed up the setting up of the group?

e.g. allow edits on the "buying" page rather than one record at a time, or an option to add all items from my watch list into a group and put the same price on all of them? something more like how ebay's bid assistant works.

this would save a great deal of time in setting up groups.

other than that, your service is brilliant.

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Tue Aug 12, 2008 01:57 PM Quote
Sashka
Support
Avatar
Posts: 3674
Member Since: Feb 13, 2008
Location: www.myibidder.com

This feature is implemented.

Quick edit of your bid amount:
You can put your snipe by doing in-cell edititing: click on the desired cell (My snipe column) and press F2 to enter your snipe amount (without a currency symbol).

Putting your items into a specific group:
You can create a group, click on it (make it active) and click Import button to import all items into that group.

You can also select a set of items (using Ctrl or just dragging through items) and do a right mouse click for the context menu and choose "Group" to change its group.

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
Does Grouping means: "win (at least) one of the item"? Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:11 PM Quote
stefanexs
Guest
Avatar

Maybe a dummy question: I want to win one of several auctions for a certain product. So I need to ensure that any other snipes for that product will be disabled automatically in the moment I win one of them.

Is this what groups perform?

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Tue Dec 02, 2008 03:38 PM Quote
Sashka
Support
Avatar
Posts: 3674
Member Since: Feb 13, 2008
Location: www.myibidder.com

stefanexs wrote:
Maybe a dummy question: I want to win one of several auctions for a certain product. So I need to ensure that any other snipes for that product will be disabled automatically in the moment I win one of them.

Is this what groups perform?

Yes, but please make sure that you specify "1" as your maximum number of items to win.
http://www.myibay.com/login/faq/2/#q11

Here are some requirements for Groups:
http://www.myibay.com/login/faq/2/#q12

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
how to I set group quantity to 1? Tue May 26, 2009 04:09 PM Quote
akita328
Guest
Avatar

I'm new to this... and trying to do group bidding. I am trying to ensure I only win one item, but there is no specific place where I can set maximum group win to "1".

I do see a "qty" column as "1". is this it?

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Tue May 26, 2009 05:35 PM Quote
Sashka
Support
Avatar
Posts: 3674
Member Since: Feb 13, 2008
Location: www.myibidder.com

akita328,
All Group's settings are located on "Group" page (the page you used to create a Group).
You should see "Items to Win" column where you can set a limit on the Group.

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
Group snipe suggestions Mon Jun 08, 2009 08:20 AM Quote
jrtokarz
Guest
Avatar

Hi,

I just set up my first group snipe. Unfortunately, the interface for this is not intuitive.
My suggestions would be:

For adding items to a group,
It is not obvious to click on the 'snipe' link to add to a group. It would be better to have a drop-down on the items page to select to the group for each item, and/or on the 'groups' page, have an 'add items' button which brings up a list of items which can be selected by checking a check box then all added with a 'add checked items to group' button.

On the groups page, the name and 'to win' columns remain as editable fields. When you enter a value here, it is not obvious whether the value has be acknowledged by the webpage. It would be better to have these columns as clickable links so you can click on them to change the values but more difficult to change the values by accident.

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Mon Jun 08, 2009 03:02 PM Quote
Sashka
Support
Avatar
Posts: 3674
Member Since: Feb 13, 2008
Location: www.myibidder.com

jrtokarz wrote:
It is not obvious to click on the 'snipe' link to add to a group. It would be better to have a drop-down on the items page to select to the group for each item, and/or on the 'groups' page, have an 'add items' button which brings up a list of items which can be selected by checking a check box then all added with a 'add checked items to group' button.

The main page is very crowded already so adding a new control will add more confusions, especially for new users.
But I'll think about something like that anyway. Maybe make it changeable in the settings or something like that.

jrtokarz wrote:
On the groups page, the name and 'to win' columns remain as editable fields. When you enter a value here, it is not obvious whether the value has be acknowledged by the webpage. It would be better to have these columns as clickable links so you can click on them to change the values but more difficult to change the values by accident.

Every form on the web must be submitted.
If you made some accidental change and did not submit it, it will not be saved and you are safe.
If you made a change, you just click "Update" to submit your changes.
That's a normal Web page behavior. The Web interface has a lot of limitations, especially when you want to be compatible with older browsers on older PCs.

P.S.: if you work with Groups a lot, you can try Windows application:
http://www.myibay.com/download/
It's much easy to manage groups there.
For example, when you highlight a group, then all newly added items will go into that group automatically.

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
Forums IndexNew TopicReply
 
All times are GMT . The time is 02:16am.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.