Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

General Support for Myibidder service
General Myibidder support
Snipe web page not updating Thu Oct 03, 2019 03:52 PM Quote
h_breese

I don't know if this is normal behavior or not. When I create a snipe for an item, I was under the impression that if I refresh the web page after creating the snipe, that the "Curr.Bid" column would refresh and show that actual current bid for each item in the list. When I checked my screen this morning, I noticed that if I clicked on an item to check the current bid, that any items which had new bids made no longer matched the "Curr.Bid" amount on the snipe page.

So, at least for now, it looks like I will have to check each item on the snipe page to make sure that the amount I have set up for my snipe will even be an amount that will be more than the current bid.

If this is working as designed, can the design of the page be changed so that when we refresh the page, that the current bid amount for each item is updated?

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:53 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

Please don't post your question multiple times. It will not speed up the response, but may add extra confusion to the answer.

As I mentioned in the other response, you need to click the "Refresh" button under item's information for the sniper to actually fetch the updated info from eBay.

You should not constantly monitor the current bid and increase your snipe all the time.
You should set your maximum snipe amount and let it go. If you keep increasing based on someone's else bid, that means you are being emotionally involved into bidding wars and may overpay.
Just set your max and let it go. Let others overpay.

Sun Dec 22, 2019 06:40 PM Quote
tcj

yes, I agree. But if the snipe list would get automatic updates for the current bid I would be informed early that I will not get the item for the price I intend to pay. This will enable me to perform a new search on ebay for another auction selling this item possibly days before the original auction ends.
Having many auctions in your list I would prefer to mark such items (that cannot be won) red. So I know which items I will have to search for at first look.
Thanks,
Thomas

Mon Dec 23, 2019 04:19 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

Bids can be retracted. You better set multiple items and set it in a Group with a limit of 1 item to win.

If you keep monitoring the price, you have a higher chance to be emotionally involved into bidding wars and so overpay at the end by increasing your snipe.
One of the purposes of sniping is to avoid that.

Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:28 PM Quote
tcj

yes, avoiding bidding wars is good, and I achieve this even without help from myibay.
But searching for the parts I am looking for takes lots of time I only want to do when its needed. So searching for a group of auctions is nothing I want to do in advance.
Maybe think about an option in your software ("frequent update of all auction yes/no") so everyone can decide if he a) needs help against bidding wars
or if he
b) needs help to see which auctions will be lost in some days so he can look for other auctions.

Do you agree that not everyone needs help avoiding bidding wars?
Thanks, Thomas

Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:01 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

Actually, everyone wants to get the lowest price and so everyone would like to avoid any reason to get into bidding wars.
That's my opinion, of course. But everyone is different, so you may be right in some cases.

Forums IndexNew TopicReply