Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

General Support for Myibidder service
Comments, Suggestions and Ideas
Notify if outbid before auction ends Fri Apr 03, 2020 02:46 PM Quote
dont_tell_my_wife_i_bought_this

I don't know if anyone else would find this useful, but I'd like to see the program notify a buyer if the current bid goes higher than his snipe amount. That way, the buyer can reconsider raising his snipe amount if desired.
Thank you.

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Fri Apr 03, 2020 03:05 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

Why would you want to raise your bid based on other bidders?

Think about it: one of the purpose of sniping is to avoid to be emotionally involved into bidding wars and keep increasing your snipe based on other bids.

Instead, you need to put your absolute maximum (and a little bit more depending on the importance) and let it go.
If bidding goes higher than your budget, let others overpay.

Or here is another approach:
Let's say you decided to set $100 as your absolute maximum for your snipe. Now ask yourself, would you bid $105? If your answer is "yes", then $100 was not your maximum.
Then ask if you would bid $110? If the answer is still "yes", then your maximum is higher.
Keep asking until you say "no, this is way too expensive", then you reached your absolute maximum and this is what you should set.

In the end, don't set your snipe based on other bidders.
Not to mention that other bids may came too late for you to adjust your snipe, but you also have a higher risk to overpay due to being emotionally involved into bidding wars.

Professional snipers don't even monitor current bid prices, they just set their maximum and let it go. Let others overpay.

Sorry for the long response, but I hope you'll get some ideas.

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
Forums IndexNew TopicReply