Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

General Support for Myibidder service
Comments, Suggestions and Ideas
3 Suggestions Thu Oct 27, 2022 05:41 AM Quote
Mr Doug

Here are 3 ideas that you may like.
1. Mouse over auction photo to view larger photo.
2. Item pages not only at top of the page, but at the bottom, so you don't have to go back up to the top to change the page after scrolling down to the bottom.
3. Refresh button option for each individual auction item so if you want to check where the bidding is on the item you don't have to first click the snipe button.
Thank you

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Thu Oct 27, 2022 01:14 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

Thank you for the suggestions. I assume you refer to the Web interface. Let me know if not.

1. Most photos are not provided in a larger scale when item is added. If fetched separately, that will add a delay on mouseover and may ruin the experience. Need to think about it.
2. At the current interface, pages are both at the bottom and top of the screen. Please check.
3. This can't be possible in the current Web interface, but will be available in "v2".

Fri Oct 28, 2022 08:53 AM Quote
Mr Doug

Yes, I am speaking of the web interface.

It would be valuable to have the expanding photo to help identify various auctions with similar photos. It wouldn't have to get too large, so I don't think the resolution would have to be increased. This identification is particularly useful when analyzing bids that were won and lost to help improve future bids on like or similar items.

I am not sure why, but let's say I have the pages set to 20 items per page. I will see 1-20 21-40 41-60 and so on at the top of each auction items page, which I have to click on to go to another page of auction items. I do not see that, as I believe you have indicated I should, at the bottom of the page in my browser. I have used Microsoft Edge and Opera, but they are both the same. I have to scroll back up to go to the next page of items as far as I know.

Fri Oct 28, 2022 01:19 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

1. If you need to identify something, you can always open the full listing by clicking the item number. Not just you get a larger photo, but the full description as well whish is important too.

2. I see pages are disabled on some skins. I enabled it there. Please check. You may need to force refresh in your browser.

Sat Oct 29, 2022 03:36 AM Quote
Mr Doug

Having an expanding thumbnail certainly is not necessary, but would make some activities for some people easier, I for one. Being able to bring up an item page by clicking on it, is a great feature. But when all the information you may need or want is in front of you, it is an unnecessary extra step if you are able to confirm from the thumbnail photo the actual auction listing. This is especially valuable if you are looking at dozens of items and don't want to open all those pages. Any little delay in the expansion of the thumbnail photo would be insignificant in comparison to having to open up the page to check the item.

The pages in Microsoft Edge and Opera are both at the top and bottom of the page now. That's wonderful, thank you very much.

Sat Oct 29, 2022 05:53 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

I prefer to rely on the actual description versus photos especially when there is a discrepancy.
Some sellers tend to put someone's else photos, but at least the wrote their own words. Please keep it in mind.

P.S.: having the photo on mouseover is under consideration, so it's possible you will see it at some point.

Forums IndexNew TopicReply