Myibidder.com Forums
Myibidder.com|Forums|Register|Donate
User Id
Password
Forums logins require a separate registration.
No login yet? Register here
Forums IndexNew TopicReply

1   2 
General Support for Myibidder service
News
Our name is Myiboy now! Tue Sep 01, 2009 02:11 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

Hey everyone!

I'm pleased to announce that we will be changing our name from Myibay to Myiboy (AKA Myiboy.com).
We hope that it will make the name easy to remember and make it more distinguishable.

The change will be done during 1-2 weeks period by small steps to avoid any service interruptions and any other issues.
You do not need to do anything on your side -- the change will go as smooth as possible and transparent for all our users.

If any issues, please feel free to post it here on Forums or Contact us

Myiboy is your iBoy now ;-)

Rate: - Rate: Reset Rate: +  Reply Top Last Message
 Tue Sep 01, 2009 02:47 AM Quote
Sashka
Support

Note: if you have any suggestions about the name or other suggestions regarding the transition, please feel free to post here.

Thu Sep 03, 2009 06:45 AM Quote
maison520

A bizarre turn of events! How does that make it easier to remember? Sounds like a gay interest site now!

Thu Sep 03, 2009 01:25 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

That's interesting opinion.
Does "Nintendo GameBoy" sounds like a gay toy too?

Fri Sep 04, 2009 05:01 PM Quote

Actually, while I disagree with the previous guest poster about it sounding like it has anything to do with 'gay' interests, I also don't think of the new name as anything easier to remember or stand out.

At least ibay=ebay. iboy=eboy?

While I believe there will be no change regarding services, the new name sounds much less related to the services provided. Maybe I just missed something.

Fri Sep 04, 2009 06:09 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

ibay=ebay relation may be conflicting with eBay trademark itself. We don't want to do that.

Do you have maybe some other suggestion so the change will be minimal (related to Myibay name) and not conflicting with existing trademarks?
Please share.

New Name Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:38 PM Quote
dysguyz

I can understand the difficulty of being too close that you could be hassled with infringement of a registered trademark, whether or not it would hold up in court. Maybe you can't stay close to myibay and have a name the means something. How about something like iSnipe, MyiSnypr, SnypBuyr? Just ideas that might set you up for better recognition in the future.

Sun Sep 06, 2009 02:59 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

dysguyz,
Thanks for the ideas. Unfortunately, those names are either already taken or too complicated to spell and type for the end user.
We'll keep looking.
If you get some other ideas, please share.

Mon Sep 14, 2009 05:59 PM Quote
Redstalker
Bulletproof

Most users will not even feel any changes in our name and service, even visible it's not so different:))

Download logo_rebranding1.png
 Wed Sep 16, 2009 05:35 AM Quote

Turned up ibidsniper.com as an available domain. Also iwinauctions.com or iwonauctions.com.

Also, as far as a infringement issue is concerned, if the site has been in operation as long as it has without a word from the Ebay lawyers, it's unlikely anything will change now. Truth is, it's not as if this site is entirely unknown to Ebay, just as pretty much every other sniper site. If they had an issue with the domain, the site wouldn't have lasted more than a few months before the lawyers were on to it.

Wed Sep 16, 2009 03:41 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

wrote:
Also, as far as a infringement issue is concerned, if the site has been in operation as long as it has without a word from the Ebay lawyers, it's unlikely anything will change now. Truth is, it's not as if this site is entirely unknown to Ebay, just as pretty much every other sniper site. If they had an issue with the domain, the site wouldn't have lasted more than a few months before the lawyers were on to it.

I have different opinions from different lawyers so we would not risk it.
We have too many customers who relies on the service and we want to make anything possible to keep it in good standing on all aspects.

Regarding the domain names. My personal idea is to avoid using word "sniper" as this service is not for sniping only, many users use it for managing and watching for items as well.
I would not want to put a totally new domain name so users won't have a feeling that the site's owners were changed (the owners stays the same and will not be changed for security reasons).

We have a few new domains registered so we are still debating on which one will be the primary one (seems like it's not Myiboy).
The next possible candidate is myibider.com

Thanks a lot for your input.

Thu Sep 17, 2009 07:10 AM Quote

I ran a quick whois and it seems you have both myibider.com and myibidder.com registered. Might I suggest not going with the former as per your previous post since that just a misspelling. :)

Thu Sep 17, 2009 01:15 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

wrote:
I ran a quick whois and it seems you have both myibider.com and myibidder.com registered. Might I suggest not going with the former as per your previous post since that just a misspelling. :)

Sure. I meant myibidder.com (I better start doing a misspell check more often :-) )
Registering a misspelling is just a technical step here.
Thanks for your input.

The new name Sun Sep 20, 2009 05:44 PM Quote
AvYaGotALightBoy

I quite like the current name of MyIBay but it doesn't really make a lot of difference, what's in a name?

Keep up the good work.

ooh, look... Sun Sep 20, 2009 05:52 PM Quote
AvYaGotALightBoy

seems the domain moreibuy.com is available, quick, snap it up :)

MoreIBuy as in The More I Buy as in, I buy more, because of this application,,, oh, you get it :-)

Sun Sep 20, 2009 06:04 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

Thanks for your suggestion, but unfortunately Myibuy.com is taken and that's important as some old users may confuse it and get to the wrong website.

ah yes Sun Sep 20, 2009 08:59 PM Quote
AvYaGotALightBoy

Ah yes, I see what you mean.

Tue Oct 13, 2009 09:55 PM Quote

How about iSnipe?

Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:26 PM Quote
Sashka
Support

wrote: